1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Western MVP wiring

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tboylan, Jun 23, 2011.

1. tboylan

tboylan Junior Member

I just bought a used Unimount MVP and I am thinking about putting it on my truck that currently has a unimount straight blade. Do I just need to change the plow wiring from the controller out? Is there a way to still use my straight blade if I change the harness?
    Thanks
    Tom

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

You do have to change the harness, battery harness as well. You can use your existing hedlight harness, but sometimes it's easier just to change it all depending what vehicle it is. Once you have an MVP harness, you can buy an adapter that plugs in where your controller does, that will allow you to run a straight blade.

3. tboylan

tboylan Junior Member

Wiring

If my truck does not sell. I will be installing it on a 01 Chevy 2500. Does anyone happen to have the harness for this truck/plow combo?

Thanks for the help

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I do actually. Let me think about pricing, or get to me if it doesn't sell.

5. tboylan

tboylan Junior Member

Mvp

I sold my Chevy and bought an 02 F250 PSD. Now I am looking for everything to equip this truck with the Unimount MVP.

Thanks
    Tom

6. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

That is a hard mount to come by, at least it was when I was looking. Going to have to go used to find it probably. I was told you can't order any complete mounts for the unimounts anymore, you would have to order all the different pieces to get a complete mount. Very $$$$$$. Hope somebody has what you need.

7. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have the mount for 600.00.

8. tboylan

tboylan Junior Member

Mount

I will keep that in mind, I located a couple and I am just waiting for people to get back to me on prices and shipping. Is it new or used?
    Thanks
    Tom

9. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Used. I do have a new one for more money if your interested.