1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with western 7'6

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jes1684, Apr 21, 2010.

1. jes1684

jes1684 Junior Member

i was wondering if any one could give me the model of this plow i think its a 80s pro not sure though also if some one could help with the a frame and the Quadrant iam not sure if they are western or meyer or fisher. also the mount it came off a 86 ford but it doesnt look like a UniMount or the older style iam pretty sure it was maybe home made, not the whole thing but some if it, maybe someone can help me out thanks

DSCN2378.jpg

DSCN2380.jpg

DSCN2381.jpg

DSCN2379.jpg

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What you have is a old western conventional mount. The mount looks to be missing some pieces.

3. jes1684

jes1684 Junior Member

here is another one from the front it just doesnt look like any i seen

4. jes1684

jes1684 Junior Member

couldnt get pic to upload but all the parts are there, i took it off the truck that i got it from, the mounting taps for the a frame are on the front of the mount you just cant see them

5. jes1684

jes1684 Junior Member

also the 2 tabs on the quaderent the ones on the end are cut off there is only one tab on each side not sure if the quaderent is the right one for that plow blade

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It was at one time the right parts but now its just a collection of scrap metal. It would take a great deal of work and money to turn it back in to a working plow and them it would only be applicable to older (pre 1994) trucks.

7. jes1684

jes1684 Junior Member

i know what iam going to do with it its a good working plow i use it last winter my buddy had it, scrap metal put togther is no diff from what you got from the factory as long as you know what you are doing and put metal in the right spot, lol i wasnt asking if it worked i know it works and works good i was asking if anyone knew what parts these all were for sure, and i do fab work on the side i build a mount from nothing for my 88 ford, and it doesnt cost much money to do, so ya i ask if anyone knew what they were for sure, so i dont need your advice on saying its scrap metal lol thanks

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Then after all your hard work it won't be scrap metal anymore. If you go to the western websites publications section they have parts manuals listed for the old conventionals if you really want to find the part numbers.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  9. jes1684

jes1684 Junior Member

file:///F:/DCIM/100NIKON/DSCN2381.JPG thats the only way i can get it to work its the pic from the front