1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with warranty/upgrade info

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Davo, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Davo

Davo Junior Member

I have a 2004 F250 4x4 psd, with no snowplow pkg. I want to hang a plow on it, but don't want to lose my warranty. Ford is no help, can't get a straight answer on upgrading suspension etc. from corporate or local dealership. I am willing to pay Ford to upgrade. I understand the plow pkg is only springs, alt., and maybe load range on tires.(Let me know if I am mistaken.) If I decide to go ahead with a plow against Ford's reccomendations and forego warranty, is it advisable to upgrade suspension anyway. Curious to hear everyone's thoughts on this.
    Thanks,
    Dave

2. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

Not sure if this is any help. Here is what I found on Ford's site. I think if you also have the "heavy service suspension" or the trailer package then it should be able to plow without warrenty issues. Because the two packages above superseed the snow plow package.

Snow Plow Package
    Includes highest front GAWR springs (2722 kg./6000 lbs.) and steering damper. Restrictions apply; see Body Builders Layout Book for details.

Feature: Snow plow provisions
    Snow plow preparation includes minimum required equipment upgrades, including suspension, cooling and electrical systems, to add a snow plow.