1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with upload pics

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by lawnkale, Nov 5, 2009.

1. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

Im sure im just an idiot but i cant figure how to post pictures. Have a few things to sell and everyone wants pics please help...

2. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

-Click on the Post Reply button (NOT QUICK REPLY)
    -click on the paperclip above the message window(beside the underlined 'A"-
    another window will open up.
    -Click on Browse. then find the photo/file you want to upload.
    -Click on it, then click on upload.
    -Click again on the paperclip and you should see the file there.
    -Click on the file and it should be there.

Try it in the test forum though. I'll see you there. Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  3. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

i've tried all that and it says upload failed. not sure what test forum is either

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The files also have to be smaller than 100kb to upload directly. Your pics are likely way too large.

5. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

there just standard pics from kodak camera nothing fancy can i resize them

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you didn't resize them from the camera then they're certainly too large. Most cameras have a default setting of 1280X960 at least. Making the file way too large for uploading here.

7. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

Compressing pictures

You can compress the file to make it a small file size very easy. Follow these steps. Most pictures from digital cameras are way to big to post.

1. Open microsoft picture manager. You must have microsoft office and click on start menu, go on microsoft office, find microsoft office tools and then you will see picture manager.
    2. Open your picture you want to compress. Click on the picture tab on the top, which is between tools and view.
    3. On the right you will see a compress picture settings menu and click on web pages. It will now show you the before and after picture size. Click OK button on right.
    4. After compressing go to top and find Save As or Save if you want to replace existing file. If save as is select you must rename the file. If save is selected the compressed file will replace the existing large file.
    5. Now you should be able to upload.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  8. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

thanks everyone i got it now