1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Uni-Mount

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tattood_1, Oct 30, 2010.

1. tattood_1

tattood_1 Member

I have a Uni-mount that wont raise, angles and lowers perfect. Can hear pump running. Pump gears have been replaced and I replaced the packing. Does anyone know somebody that works on these for a reasonable price around Kokomo, IN? I dont really know what I'm doing, and running out of time to learn know. Thanks.
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you may have a bad connection at the 9 pin plug. have someone run the controller and wiggle the plug up and down.
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

O-Ring under the pump missing?
  4. blue sky guy

blue sky guy Junior Member

Get the screen filter replaced. My Western plow had a similar problem. The screen inside had collapsed. The other guy is right also-check the pin connectors!!! One loose tooth on the 9 pin is all it takes. I had replaced my whole set up due to corrosion. Check the wiring inside the hood where the connectors for the relay are-mine were corroded bad and green. Lots to watch for. Salt eats everything! If you need fast & awesome service try ordering your stuff from PPW professional parts 800-228-7569.:mechanic:
  5. tattood_1

tattood_1 Member

Found the problem. When the previous owner replaced pump o-ring fell off bottom, it was floating in the oil. Put it back on and works like a new one. Thanks for the help guys.