1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with uni mount 7.6 staight

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ffmedic_mt, Dec 9, 2012.

1. ffmedic_mt

ffmedic_mt Junior Member

all worked fine last fall now my left goes up my right makes noise and goes noware. up and down work fine. Im thinking s2 solidoid /valve or problem in the truck to plow plug.....how do i narrow it down! and ware can i get cheap parts fast! truck is 05 duramax and we have 5 inches and falling

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You're on the right track going after the S2. To narrow it down, first check the S2 coil for magnetism. If it has it, go after the valve then. Remove, clean, manually shift it's internal spool, or replace etc.

If you find it there is no mag, start back tracking the light green wire through the harness with a testlight looking for battery voltage until you find where it gets lost. Much of the time it's at the grill plug or controller plug. And occasionally it's the controller itself.

A fast check for mag and then the test light if necessary will narrow it down quickly.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

you can ck it by yourself. remove the pos cable at the solenoid,,then rubber band the clicker. now you can ck by yourself