1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with ultramount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jaydawg87, Nov 2, 2010.

1. jaydawg87

jaydawg87 Junior Member

I have an ultramount with 2 plug wiring. I have a 2006 F250. I believe it has 2b bulbs. What Wiring harness do i need. I talked to a guy who said i would need to put new lights on my plow and get another plug. Is this true?
    Thanks in advance
    Jason

2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I think so. My uncle went from an 03 f350 to an 05 f350 and his plow had a two plug style. He was told the only wiring for his 05 or newer would need an isolation module. Needing that meant he neede to switch to a 3 plug plow setup.

On you current plow the wires for the headlights and for the plow functions all come into the same plug. You will need new headlights because they will have their own harness to plug into the trucks grill. You will also need a new plow function harness this one just has three or four pins.

Basically for the new setup you will have power, plow functions, and lights. There may be a way to splice your harness and make it work. However this is what we did to make his work, hope this helps.

3. jaydawg87

jaydawg87 Junior Member

appreciate the info a lot.

4. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

You can use your existing harness on any truck. Just cut and splice the wiring at the truck lights in the proper configuration. If you use the diagram from your plow you can figure it out, no need to go to an isolation module, the relays work just fine. Done a bunch of them If you stop and think about it ALL lights work the same they just have to be wired properly.
    Let me know if you need more help

5. jaydawg87

jaydawg87 Junior Member

thanks i might need some more help. i will let you know if so.

6. jaydawg87

jaydawg87 Junior Member

plowfixguys...i have no diagram. any help would be appreciated. I pulled the wiring out of the truck i got the set up from today and am getting ready to swap it on to my truck.
    Thanks