1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with trouble codes

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by porabjr, Jan 4, 2014.

1. porabjr

porabjr Member

So of course at 3am during heaviest snow my darling truck decides to start misfiring. About 15 min later the OD light starts to flash. Now of course there was no way I was going to stop. So, like any good soldier I torture myself and truck for another 17 hours. Ran like crap and stalled about 30 times. Plugged code reader in when I got home. Of course, cylinder 7 and 8 misfire. But also a P0720. Could the other codes have caused this? Any suggestions on these ignition coils that crap the bed if they get a drop of moisture on them?
  2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

po720 is the output speed sensor malfuntion.check this post out from one of the more informed members here.

Output Shaft Speed (OSS) Sensor

The output shaft speed (OSS) sensor is a magnetic pickup that provides transmission output shaft rotation speed information to the powertrain control module (PCM).

The output shaft speed (OSS) sensor is mounted externally on the top of the transmission extension housing. The PCM uses the OSS sensor signal to help determine electronic pressure control (EPC) pressure, shift scheduling and torque converter clutch (TCC) operation.

it could be an intermittent short or corrosion in a connector, or a bad sensor.