1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with townhome bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jhakarter, Sep 29, 2008.

1. jhakarter

jhakarter Member

[​IMG]

Looking for help pricing this as a per storm price. It is a ground of townhomes, I believe around 15 exact number I am unsure of as the list is in my truck. it is plowing and shoveling everything, all drives, up to door, and the main drive. Most everything i have bid this year has been per hour not per push. Looking for a little help. The driveways are double wide and just over one car length long. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Josh

2. big acres

big acres Senior Member

no help?

85 views and no help? Pricing depends greatly upon where in the upper midwest you are. You need to move towards per-time billing if you want to make any real money, otherwise, the more skilled you become... the less money you make, right? Your true rate of production should equal at least twice your "published" hourly rate. It is ok to run trucks around at those rates for follow-up work, etc... but during prime time you should be earning more.

Typically, cleaning the main aisles of townhomes is prime time with a hard deadline when you are under the gun on all of your accounts, so figure double your hourly rate and how long you think it will take (with travel), and multiply by number of average snowfalls in your area.

You probably do a follow-up during the daytime when cars have left the drives and also do sidewalks then. You can do the same for this as above, but stay closer to your true hourly rate. Add the two together and divide by number of months 5-6, and there is your monthly retainer. Good Luck.

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

What is a good hourly rate....For midwest.area.......

4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

1 million dollars.

wesport

mmmm Salary, change your mind yet? :waving:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  5. jhakarter

jhakarter Member

For 1 million bucks? sure ill do salary haha but otherwise negative lol, I guess I didnt need help anyways guys i think I have it all taken care of, Thanks
    Josh

6. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

I may be a newbie here posting, but I would have to believe you know your bottomline per hour...yes?