1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with touchpad

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by nathan11507, Jan 6, 2011.

1. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

looking to see how to test my touchpad to see if its fried it does everything but go left. i have checked everything to make sure there are good connections as wells grounds are all good. i am thinking it is the pad controller. when i push the button to go left the motor makes no noise what so ever. so is there a way for me to test the pad other then putting it on another unit cause nobody i know around me has one and which wire in the harness is for the plow to angle left. thanks have a great day

2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

For the plow to angle left only the White wire in the harness would receive a siginal from the controller , if the controller functions the plow up and right I would put a bet on the left function of the controller going south on you.

Left function = +12v on white wire only
    RIght Function = +12v on white and green wires
    Up function = +12v on white and red wires
    Drop function = +12v on the Black wire
    Orange wire = Ground for the touchpad
    Blue = +12v switched power in .

Where in NY are you? .

TOM

3. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Check the connection on the truck side of the harness, where the coil wire plugs in. I just replaced one of the connectors on my truck tonight.

4. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

saratoga springs 30 mins north of albany, and thats what i was figuring with the touch pad that the left angle button is bad but this morning when i went to get coffee came home and drop the plow it angled left on is own and the plow motor kept running until i disconnected the pwer cables, i waited a min plugged them back in and then angled right to straighten it out wich it did, idk this is the last year i own a meyers its to much headache in my point lol