1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with TJ front air shocks

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by redoak, Feb 17, 2009.

1. redoak

redoak Junior Member

I need advice from anyone who has installed Monroe air shocks #MA763 on the front of a TJ.
    I ordered the shocks based on info found on other posts. I know the mounting holes need to be modified to fit the mounts on the Jeep. The problem I have is that the air line connection points the wrong way and wont fit because of the mounting flange on the Jeep. If the upper half of the shock could be rotated 90 degrees it would fit no problem. Can the shock hosing be rotated without damage or do you need to drill a hole in the flange?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    :dizzy:redoak

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Ya.... Rotate the shock (the whole shock) 180 degrees so the air line pints the other way.

3. redoak

redoak Junior Member

The bottom mount of the shock has two bolt holes. If I rotate the whole shock the holes won't line up.

4. redoak

redoak Junior Member

Sorry, Plowmeister, I re read your post and realized you said rotate it 180 degrees. This just puts the air fitting against the flange on the other side.

5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

A picture would help, I have a lift in my jeep so i use a different # but my airline misses the shock support.
    (not that that is any help for you)

6. bigdan

bigdan Junior Member

I cant remember if I installed monroes or gabriels, but I just have the air line making the sharp bend inside the mount, has held up all winter.

I probably just jinxed myself, and the damn thing will pop out of the shock on the next storm.

7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Old thread revival...

Does anybody have a part number for front air shocks for the front oj a TJ that's lifted 4"? I finally got the hardware to set this thing up and I'd like to get the shocks so I can do it all at once. Lemme know. Thank in advance!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  8. redoak

redoak Junior Member

Sorry, but my Wrangler has stock suspension. Another member posted a link to Monroe's downloadable list of all the specs for their shocks. Maybe you can find an application with that.

9. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I was just hoping that somebody had the number handy. I know plowmeister has the shocks I need, but I haven't been getting a response. Yes, I can figure it out myself, but I know somebody already has already installed and tested the shocks that I need. I'd like to use the same part than risk getting the wrong ones.

10. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Pllleeeease, does anybody have a part number for the air shocks for a tj with 4" of lift or know what other mounts work/can be made to work other than the S4/XP4/XP5? I can do the research, but it would be really nice to know what's working for other people before maybe buying the wrong parts. I haven't looked into the airbags much, but a part number/info on how they work with a lifted Jeep would be handy too. Thanks in advance.