1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cameron2171, Apr 21, 2010.

1. cameron2171

cameron2171 Senior Member

ok so i found these tires on craigs and i was wondering if they would be good for my truck i probly wouldnt be plowing with them i was thinking just for the summer, does any one know what ply they are and i know the rims are 6 lug, my freind would be geting those we were gonna go half and half, the guy said the tires got about 5 thousand more miles in them

http://nh.craigslist.org/for/1701199771.html

2. cameron2171

by the way they are cooper discover radial lt if you cant read them

3. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I've always been leary of used tires but the rims are worth that for a spare set. Throw some new snow tires on it for plwoing when you can.

4. cameron2171

yea but like i said those rims wont fit my truck, im just in it for the tires, and my dad says its not worth it but i dont know i stil think its a pretty good deal i could easily get all spring summer and fall out of these tires

5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I f you never use your truck to haul anything more than a couple hundred pounds you're probably fine, but those are only 6 ply tires...3/4 tons use 10 ply.

6. cameron2171

yea i actually asked the guy what ply they were but i dont think he new what i was talking about, but it dont matter because my dads not gonna let me get them cus he said i would just be wasting my money cus theres like no tread left

7. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

Father Knows Best

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

This time anyway......

9. cameron2171

yea you guys are right, i didnt end up getting them painted my rims black today though