1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with tire size

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by tommyo, Oct 22, 2007.

1. tommyo

tommyo Junior Member
    from n.va.

I have a1996 F250 4x4 Power stroke diesel,Boss SD 7'6"plow with LT 235/85 R16 Tires.It's time for new tires.I would like to find a set of tires about 1 inch wider than stock.This is what I'm looking at BF Goodrich All Terrain TA KO LT 265/75 R16 Load range E.What do You'll recommend? Will be using these tires all year round.What size were your stock tires?What size are on your truck now? Thanks for all Your suggestions.:salute:
  2. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

Tommy O,

I also have the 96 F250 with the gas engine (7.5 ltr) and I have 235 85 16 on my truck. I have always put stock tires on the truck. I would like to get wider tires for the summer months and use the stock tires for plowing. According to alot of posts out here, the narrower tires go through the snow better. I plow snow off of lakes up here in Minnesota and have never had an issue with my tires so I will probably keep them with stock in the future.

OUT-SIDEMAN Junior Member

I just put a set of 265/75/16 on one of my 250's that had 235's.
    They look good and are the All Terrain. Should give good traction and preformance through the "snow" season, that is if we get any.
  4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

where in mn are you located? i do a lot of ice fishing on mn lakes what lakes do you plow? i am planning a week trip to lake of the woods this winter.
  5. sv-f450

sv-f450 Junior Member

if you have 235/85/16 on your truck now wick are tall and narrow you should have no problem fitting 285/75/16's on there wich are a little less tall but wider. the less tall is only about 1/2" inch