1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Timbren Issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by EFR Landscaping, Dec 11, 2008.

1. EFR Landscaping

EFR Landscaping Junior Member

I installed a set of timbrens on my 2008 f250 front and rear. the front are fine but my rear set is not working out. My truck has thepeg style casting on top of the axle where the Timbren sit against when loaded. They sit so close to the edge of the pegt casting that once i put a load on the squeeze and the peg casting ends up in the hole of my timbren and its all side ways.I am not sure if this makes sense to any off you but any help woul dbe great.. The set is the recommended set from timbren. I spok eto them and they were going to upgrade them to a diffrent rubber spring for Free which was very nice of them. They are sending me a single rubber spring compared to the double one I have. I amnot sure if it will do the same thing...

2. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

Sounds like they need to be offset outside a little. How, im not sure but i know what your talking about.

3. EFR Landscaping

The only thing I can do is maybe oblong the hole a little! Who knows . I am starting to wish i just bought the airbags

4. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

Sounds like an oversight on the companies part or simply the wrong part.. Maybe you'll ahve to wait to see what this other spring is they are talking about?

Is there anyway you could post a picture?

5. EFR Landscaping

I installed the diffrent timbrens they sent today. They seem stiffer and may work out better. It seems to me that the peg style casting that it rest against on one side is offset from the way they built the truck. about 1" diffrent from the other side. But it seems these new ones the sent may work so lets wait and see..

If anybody is interested in the other ones I had they are 535-65 aeon rubber spring I dont have anything but the rubber spring so you would need to get the proper bracket for your truck.. which doesnt seem to be a problem..