1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with the value of a ST78 plow & U13 pump.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Gaff, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Gaff

Gaff Junior Member

I was hoping a few members could give me their thoughts on the value of a ST78 plow and a U13 pump. The plow and pump as well as the mounting brackets, controls, and the U13 mount are currently on a 1967 Jeepster Commando that I am offering for sale. Originally I was offering the Jeepster for sale w/o the plow - but a buyer is interested in the plow set up as well. Any advice on value would be greatly appreciated.

The plow set up was used lightly to plow a residential driveway in upstate NY for about 35 years by a carefull operator (my father) so it was not over used or abused - but is at least 40 years old.

Thank you in advance for your input.
  2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

a 6.5 foot light duty plow is only good for a jeep or some other small vehicle.
    if it is in good shape, i would say around $500 with pump and all associated components.

for just the plow only around $100
  3. Gaff

Gaff Junior Member

Thanks for your advice/input tjctransport on the value.

I am considering keeping it to mount on either a 1983 Toyota 1/2 ton 4x4 or a 2003 Toyota Tundra. Any idea if this plow is to heavy for either of these vehicles? I'd prefer to put it on the 1983 Toyota.
  4. Gaff

Gaff Junior Member

If it helps I have attached a picture of a similar plow I found on the web.

The plow I have is model number 9198 and serial number 117966. I have searched the web and come up empty on a weight for this plow - but I'm guessing it is in the 500# weight range.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

That sounds like a monumental task, do you have fabricating skills or access?
  6. Gaff

Gaff Junior Member

Hello 1olddogtwo.

I was hoping that this wouldn't be a big job but maybe it is bigger than I thought. I was thinking of removing the frame mounted on the Jeepster and then have a welder fit it to the 1983 Toyota - if possible. If that was possible I would then run the hydraulic controls and the 12v wiring myself.

I think the hardest part would be figuring out how/where to support the hydraulic cylinder/lift attachment. Do you think that is the downfall here?

I have attached a picture of the current mount on the 1967 Jeepster.

1967 Jeepster.jpg
  7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well the biggest issue with making your own mounts is legality.
  8. Gaff

Gaff Junior Member

The plow would only be used on private property - most likely on an unregistered vehicle - so any potential laws regarding the mounts wouldn't be an issue for me.

If any other site members have advice or input please feel free to pass it on. I am still in the consideration stage on this project and am open to scraping it if it gets to expensive. I'm comfortable spending $500 or so and maybe 20 to 30 hours of my own time. Beyond that the utility of making the change probably doesn't make sense.
  9. FredG

FredG PlowSite.com Addict

Where in Upstate NY are you. And how much for the jeep with or without plow. Is it listed somewhere with more pics?
  10. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

to be truthfully honest with you, that 6 1/2 foot plow is too small for either of those trucks.
    you would want at minimum a 7 foot or 7 1/2 foot plow, otherwise you will be driving on un plowed snow on one side and the windrow on the other side wheels with the plow angled.
    with the 6 1/2 plow, i would not be surprised to see the wheels on un plowed when doing a straight blade push.
  11. Gaff

Gaff Junior Member

Hi FredG - the plow was located in upstate NY - but I moved it to Cape Cod, MA about a month ago to get it out of my mothers garage. It is listed on Craigslist on Cape Cod for $2,000 - but that is probably a bit high.
    For the Jeepster and plow I am looking for at least $1500 and for the Jeepster alone $1,000.