1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with swenson mdv spreader (meyer?)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jasonosu, Dec 17, 2009.

1. jasonosu

jasonosu Junior Member
    from ohio

bought a swenson mdv 10' spreader (non-hydraulic) and am going to pick it up. i have read that these might be the same product as meyer spreaders? my question is can anyone tell me if the spinner is easily removable? I want to go pick up on a gooseneck trailer and the seller is telling me i need to place it on top of pallets on the trailer because the spinner is not removable. if this is the case, how long is the spinner? (how many pallets do i need?) Thanks!
  2. plowbabe

plowbabe Member
    from Midwest

The Meyer spreaders are built by Swenson (both companies are owned by the same people).

The MDV spinner assembly is removable......it is bolted to the longitudinals of the hopper (we actually have one in stock)

Here is a link to the owners manual

Hope this helps,

3. jasonosu

jasonosu Junior Member
    from ohio

Thanks. Thats what I was looking for.