1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP!! with stolen piece of equipment

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by SStephanuik, Feb 11, 2012.

1. So my business partner wakes up today and our sc252 stump grinder is GONE. Locked up and sitting in his driveway. Had big snow storm last night so have some truck tracks but not many people out. Was an older unit like 1997. No auto swipe or anything. Has a red head unit block used when towing and a trl25 trailer with tires on it that are somewhat undersized. Definitely not vermeer tires, just some ones we found at walmart after blew one on the road couple years back. Will offer a small reward or free tree work to anyone that may know info on finding it.

I know this isn't a plow piece but I also do snow plowing and was out last night when this appently took place. Hoping the plowing community might have seen something or someone. Stolen from Griffith, IN and I'm assuming it will stay in the area. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Moderators: Can you please make this sticky? And move to the proper thread if needed.
  2. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

I hope you had a serial number or something so you could report it to your local law enforcement agency. If they can enter it in the NCIC computer system, any officer who locates it, even in another state, can run a query on it and get a "hit." Then you stand a better chance of getting it back.

It sucks to have anything stolen, especially something that's part of how you make your livelihood.
  3. Yeah I got it reported and its insured but would rather find it and the S.O.B. that took it and bust their a$$.
  4. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

I hear ya. If you catch 'em, give 'em a coupla' whacks for me.
  5. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Wow 14 posts and asking for a sticky
  6. Wow 261 posts. Must get em by posting pointless comments.
    Has helped other people to have that on some other forums I have been on so thought I would put it up there. Never hurts to ask.