1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with spreader not spreading far enough

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by snowplower1, Jan 5, 2015.

1. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

a couple weeks ago my spreader was backed into an ice pile and it bent a little back. I thought i was able to pull it back to normal but this morning while i was out i noticed that it wasnt spreading nearly as far as usual and was sorta leaving a thick pile behind as well as spreading to the sides but not enough. I realized it was because the spinner was bent angled down toward the ground causing it to not be able to spread far.
    My question is does anyone know what i can do to bend it back the right way without damaging anything.

this is a 1 year old 2000 shpe saltdogg spreader.
  2. trapperstreeser

trapperstreeser Junior Member

man id have to see a lot of pictures... point with your finger in the picture and explain... but, for what its worth, I've purchased an extra ENTIRE spinner/shoot for just this reason.. my buddy was rear-ended and lost thousands in opportunity cost.

This brings to mind.. is it the actual "spinner shaft"? seems to me that the plastic spinner itself would give before the shaft bent.. OR.......... the bolts pulled out of the PLASTIC top of the shoot.... metal bracket stays clipped in, but the plastic that holds the bolts rip out.. the first of the two sites below (angelos) has the plastic shoot only for sale $85 I think..

here is a helpful site: http://angelos-supplies.com/1233/2035/
    you can rebuild your entire spinner/shoot piece by piece if necessary

I also like: http://store.besttruckeq.com/shssa20cuydp.html

Good luck and post pics if you can
  3. trapperstreeser

trapperstreeser Junior Member

Angelos... BOOM BABY!!! :mechanic:

SHPE2000 parts diagram.jpg
  4. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

It's not bad enough that It is ruined, the spinner is just angled down now. I will get a picture tomorrow if I remember when is light out. It still spreads and evenly is just not spreading as far. And the spinner doesn't spin perfectly circular now, it sorta shakes a little but you don't notice it unless you watch it