1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with specifics

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by hockeypro1411, Oct 20, 2009.

1. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 Member

2. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

To run that plow on a conventional truck you'll need a truckside mount PLUS central hydraulics (fairly uncommon on pick-up trucks) OR you'll need to find the truckside monut, all wiring for the truck, head-gear, pump, etc....

This is a prettty complicated approach to put a plow on a regular old pick-up IMO, keep looking.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

ALOT of time and money.

4. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 Member

That's what I was figuring. I'll stay on the hunt. I was actually just looking for a mount so I could fab something up to work with my lifted truck. It's more because I enjoy the challenge than because I actually want to push snow. But hey, if it works out nice, I wouldn't mind pushin' some snow off my driveway. :nod:

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Lifted trucks and snow plowing don't work very well together.
    do a search and you will find tons of reasons why.

6. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 Member

I couldn't imagine that they would be the best suited plow vehicles, but searching on here actually netted me quite a few results with people saying they plow with a lifted truck and love it. Like I said, I'm doing this as more of a "just because I can" type deal. If I can't find parts at a decent price, I'll just keep waiting. If it never happens, I'll take the money and buy a round for the whole dam place.