1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with some info on a pull plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by thesnowman269, Nov 26, 2013.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I picked up my first pull plow tonight for $350! It does need some work however. The plow itself is in great shape but the hydraulic assembly was removed and taken apart or so I was told. I was given a pump and two valves with the plow. This is where I'm a little stumped because I have no idea how to hook this all back up as far as the plumbing of the system. Also I'm a little unsure how to go about wiring it all once it's all plumbed. I have no idea what brand plow it is, the only
    Markings I could find was some raised letters on one of the arms reading CANADA. I'm assuming it was made there but I am not a detective by any means. Does anyone have any
    Tips or advice I may not find while searching the web for info?

2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

The Arctic Plow Partner is the only Canadian made pull plow that I know of.

3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Just remembered, Larochelle also makes one. They are located in Quebec, they are mostly known for building great end dump trailers.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Brand will not have a difference in wiring. You will want at least 4 gauge wire running from your battery to the pump. Have a 3 position solenoid. (2 large connections and 1 smaller one.) You will also want 4 16 gauge wires. (different colors if you can.) 2 will run the valves. One per valve. One will go to the smaller terminal on the solenoid, and the last one will go to the "power in" terminal on the solenoid. You will need a 6 prong momentary on, off, momentary on switch also. the valve wires will go on one side of the switch. One on the top corner and one on the bottom corner. Same sides. The power goes to the middle prongs. And the last one is the "trigger" for the switch, This goes on the other 2 corners. This wire and the power will have to be "jumped." The trigger needs to be on both corners. Same with the power. It needs to be on both center connections. Hope this makes sense. I could build you a harness if you like. Just msg me if you have questions.

5. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

After some investigating I've found out that I only have a single acting pump. It tried hooking it all up just to see if I was able to get the plow to function but had no luck as the hydro unit was to weak. So I will be buying a new power unit but I am now uncertain of what psi I should be looking for when I purchase a new one. I've found one on amazon for a little under 400 dollars that is a 1600 psi unit, does anyone know if that will be enough or should I look for some thing over 2000 psi? By the way thank you for the help with the wiring I've since found a few diagrams that explain what was said rather clearly