1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Snoway Predator Plow

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by cnyglass, Oct 7, 2007.

1. cnyglass

cnyglass Junior Member

Hello, looking for some help. I just bought a truck from someone and it came with a Snoway Predator Plow. I'm having some problems with it, it doesn't seem to be getting a signal from the controller. The motor works and there is power going to the unit, but I don't get any movement when I use the controller to lift of move the plow. Wondering if anyone has some suggestions as to what it could be or where I should begin to look for problems. Not sure if it's a ground somewhere or if there could be any other wiring problems. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    -chris

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

When you use the controller do you get a click from under the hood?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

is there fluid in it?

Does it angle?

4. cnyglass

cnyglass Junior Member

No clicking, and there is fluid. It won't angle, go up or down. It's almost like there is no signal going to the motor. But the green light is on on the controller.
    -chris

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I thought you said the motor ran?

6. cnyglass

cnyglass Junior Member

It does, we quickly jumped the celenoid with a screwdriver to check it to make sure it works to rule out that problem.
    -chris

ps-thanks for the responses.......

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If you bypassed the solenoid and got the plow to work then replace the solenoid.

8. cnyglass

cnyglass Junior Member

Tried that yesterday, still didn't work. Messed around with it some more last night, seems like power goes to the circut board, but stops there. Can the boards be replaced? Has anyone ever had to replace these before?
    -chris

9. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

Call or email "Sno-Way" - I'm sure they can help.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What's the serial number of the unit.

11. cnyglass

cnyglass Junior Member

Okay, I'm assuming this is correct, on the side of the circut breaker there is this number 96105084 followed by SN 104043. Think this is the serial number. The other number on there I think it the unit number. I tried to get the manual off of Sno-way site, but I'm not sure what model I have. Thanks for you help.
    -chris

12. cnyglass

cnyglass Junior Member

The serial number on the plow itself is 90c112535

13. cnyglass

cnyglass Junior Member

Okay, there's alot of serial #'s on this thing. After some more research it looks like the one I need is HTD2011172, so it's an HT series. So I"m guessing I need to take the control module out and get it replaced. Let me know if you have anymore ideas.
    -chris

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes, it's a HT down pressure, with the SMO-1 monarch hydraulic pump.

Does it work when the control is attached directly to the plow?

Does the green light flicker when you give it a command?

Is the fuse under the pump cover blown?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  15. cnyglass

cnyglass Junior Member

No, doesn't work either way, yes, the green light did flicker, and no the fuse isn't blown. Now I say the light did flicker because as of this morning there is no more power to the transmitter. Not sure why it worked and now it doesn't but we just took a step backward. When I test it with the test light hooked up to the solenoid there is light in the black line, a dim light in the white, where as before they were both bright. Frustrating.
    -chris

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OK the flicker means the controller was transmitting so it should be good.

If it's a wireless, change the batteries.

If it's wired see if you have power at a pin in the plug. The three wires are power, ground and signal. the unit is 5 volt. You refer to the black and and white I assume you have taken the plugs apart. Are all the wires connect on both sides? are the pins properly seated in the plug? work at the plug coming off the the plow. this takes the truck out of the loop for everything but power. the control wiring on the truck is just a extension cord.

Is the the receiver properly grounded?

Is there 12 volts going in to the receiver? thats the black box by the pump.

Are you sure you have a good battery ground on the power(truck) side? You should ground right to the truck battery, there are other acceptable places but the battery's best.

All of the manuals for the plow along with a repair guide are available at
    http://www.snoway.com/service/snowayindex.pdf

17. Franko

Franko Junior Member
    from eastern

Ck. your fluid level.

18. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Why don't you start with the simple things first. Run some jumper cables to the motor, does it run? Hit one of the buttons on the controller, does the solenoid activate?

You've got troubleshooting to do before you throw parts at it.

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Try using the troubleshooting guide before you start buying parts.
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Monarch Repair/MonarchRepairManual.pdf

I would start by making sure the unit has 12 volts everywhere it is required. Poor connections on both the high and low side of the power supply will cause these problems. Check for proper grounds, and blown fuses on the pump.

20. meistr

meistr Junior Member

could your remote control have lost its transmitting code? Erase the current data and reprogram the controller. 1st short out the receiver at the green LEDuntill it slowly blinks ( this erases data) 2nd turn on your remote controller and then short across the two prongs @ the green LED untill it glows. good luck