1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help With Snow Plow Pumps

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jiggyp13, Nov 12, 2008.

1. jiggyp13

jiggyp13 Junior Member
    from Chicago

I am in the Chicagoland area and need a few snow plow pumps to be fixed or replaced. Does anyone know any companies that do this in my area? Thanks.

2. northwoods

northwoods Junior Member

I dont know about fixing them but I found some pretty good deals on parts at centralparts.com.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

There should be an automotive electrical component rebuild shop in your area. They may rebuild them. One around here even has rebuilt pump motors. Most of the plow part suppliers have rebuild services for pumps. The shipping is going to be expensive. If your skilled enough you can do it yourself. The same suppliers also have repair manuals and all the parts you need to do the job. Search "snow plow parts" on the internet or use the sponsor links at the top of the page here. ( Central Parts Warehouse ) Millsupply.com is another good one in the Cleveland area

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  4. isellmeyers

isellmeyers Junior Member

I rebuilt meyer pumps. But I'm in ny so there would be shipping costs. I also take cores for discount on new rebuilt ones. Check out my ebay pumps at duo723 as seller.

5. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

regenol on 118 st right off cicero, and southwest snow plow right of ridgeland ave and southwest highway, and if you need emergency help i live on 80th and oakpark ave burbank il .hope this helps they deal with most plows. i have meyer and my bro has western. hope you find help. my email is stsd285port@yahoo.com if you need any help

6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i'm in grand rapids MI. rebuild meyer all day long. ship it or drop it off.

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Any decent electric shop can rebuild a pump. Ebay has a ton of pumps.

8. topspd7

topspd7 Junior Member

do you rebuild the old underhood type?? do you have any info on them.....bought my truck with the plow and dont have any info on the pump or motor its mounted on the pass side underhood

9. no lead

i cant get parts.

10. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

i know ebay has a bunch of used pumps and parts for older plows.some new parts, also.

11. dan442

dan442 Junior Member

can anyone tell me y my e-60 does not go right after I replaced the c-coil and valve

12. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

does it go left.if it does are you sure the valve is getting power, because the pump does not need a valve to go left. did it go right before you replaced the valve, and coil.if your coil and valve are working properly, it could be the cross over valve is stuck, sometimes you can ram each side of the moldboard in to a tree till both sides collapse, and see if that helps.it could be pilot check valve piston is stuck, and not moving freely. we need more info.

13. no lead

bad coupler.