1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with smartlight bypass...

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by weyland426, Dec 21, 2012.

1. weyland426

weyland426 Junior Member
    from indiana

i have had issues with headlights on my F350...had the "smart junction" box replaced by ford last year when the lights would cycle off (could bring back on by cycling headlight switch). this fixed the truck issue but it still cycles the plow lights off pretty often. can someone tell me the pin location or wire color in the truckside harness where I can run a relay to power plow lights from one of my upfitter switches. or has anyone else experienced this on a ford that knows a fix? this is on a 2010 8'2' vxt and 2008 F350. thx
  2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

It's been a bit but doesn't the "new" harness for Ford add two relays to control the headlights?

I remember wiring in two relays that came with the truck side - I just looked at Boss' site and it refers to it as a turn signal relay, not headlights.

Sorry, my mind is going south.....