1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with slow plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by iceyman, Nov 17, 2010.

1. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

put the plow in the garage at the end of last year and it worked perfect. hooked it up and it is extremely slow to go up and side to side. the hear the motor working but it take 10 seconds to go in ip position. thanks

2. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

Check fluid level....
    I'd flush it all out, top end clean out, clean screen and filters and refill with M1 fluid.

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

fluid was fine...did drain it and put new fluid in just to check that.. didnt try taking it apart yet

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Running an E57 or E58 Icy? Running it with or without a pump cover? Can't recall.

Motor sound strong or weak? If it sounds strong but moves slow then it's a hydraulic issue. If it sounds weak then it a motor, connection, solenoid or battery issue. Start with the power cable connections, then a battery load test and a AMP draw test on the motor.

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

E 58h... Motor sounds strong and moves slow.. Had a local guy tell me to check the filters and such..I did hook up a battery charger while trying to move the plow and it didn't help any. Thanks b+b

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check all coil ground connections and check/clean the main plug pins and then check results. If it's still a no go remove/check/clean the two external filters (one on the underside of valve block, other one in front of sump base) for debris/blockage etc and retest again.