1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with skid steer push box purchase

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wakesetter2001, Oct 7, 2007.

1. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 Member

I am looking at purchasing a snow pusher. I want an 8'er. What brand do you all use and what do you think is the best push box for the money? I am also having trouble finding a dealer in my area (Central Oregon) so I am not to sure what I am looking at for a price. Also what size skid steers do you all use to push them and how do you think the machine works with the pushers? Do you think they are really so much better then a truck plow or bucket?
  2. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

we purchased a 8'er last year, but it was tward the end of the season, so it only got used once or twice, so I cant really tell you how well we like it yet. Its a bonell push n plow brand. We have it on a 8875 john deere skid. We demoed a 10'er before we bought the 8, but we found with the 10 if you got into wet heavy snow it had troubles pushing it so we went with the 8. We also just purchased a avalanche one for one of our wheel loaders, so we'll see how that works out.
  3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Between my partners and subs. We got like 12 of them. I won't buy anything else.