1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with skid sprayer

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by fishgeek, Nov 12, 2010.

1. fishgeek

fishgeek Member
    from chicago

I just bought a used skid sprayer it has the Honda 5.5hp GX160 Honda with a
    Hypro Pump model # D30GRGI output 9.5 us GPM (32 L/M)
    Pressure 580 PSI (40 bars) Speed 3600 RPM (9910-0014). The pump has a seal and
    bearing bad in it. I plan on making a spray bar with 10 to 15 nozzles. I’m wondering if this factory pump would have enough pressure to run that spray bar. The tank is 200 gal. but the inlet to pump only looks like 1" ID.

2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Tooo much pressure, probably not enough gpm

4. Kubota 8540

Dam echo, echo,echo.

5. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

The pump should have 4 pressure settings. You should be able to adjust the pump to fit your needs. The settings are 1 to 4 4 being the highest pressure. On mine 1 is about 70 psi and 2 is 200.

6. fishgeek

fishgeek Member
    from chicago

Hey Kabota thanks for the info on the engine and pump combo, that is cheap. I like the Honda motor I'm attaching a link to a Honda/Banjo pump, it has the GPM but I couldn't find a pressure spec. I thought you might be familiar with the Banjo pump 200PH-5. I’ve heard you guys talking about spray jets that will cut through the snow to get to the ground, is this necessary? and the pressure you were saying 35 to 70 PSI is this adequate for doing that?. Also the ball valve that you recommend is this a wired or wireless remote and does remote come with the valve? I was reading the post on your tractor 3 point hitch sprayer you were selling and you had mentioned that you can buy all the parts for the spray bar from the local farm store. I live 50 miles from you and I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind telling me where to get the parts from? I want to thank all of you guys for the info, I’m just getting into plowing I have learned a lot form Plowsite. I nice that you vets will help out the new guy.

7. fishgeek

fishgeek Member
    from chicago

Bugthug was saying that it does have a pressure regulator on it but I guess with only 9.5 GPM the pump is still not
    going to work.

Again guys that for the help

8. Kubota 8540

I am familiar with the 200 ph 5, most of these poly pumps run 35-45 psi, which for spraying de-icers is more than enough psi. 50 gpm would be plenty, but most of those pumps are hundreds of dollars, so that is why I use the type I do.

I have tried fan spray nozzles, single stream, triple stream, and boomless nozzles. From my experience from best to least favorable, 1) triple stream, 2) single stream, 3) boomless, 4) fan spray

The ball valve is wired to a simple toggle switch.

I buy a lot of the sprayer parts from Farm & Fleet or Big R.

9 gpm is minimal, 13 is adequate at 4-5 mph & 50 gpm would be more than enough at 35 psi @ up to 20 mph and up to 100 gallons per acre.

9. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

How would you know?

10. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

I read it on a cereal box.

11. fishgeek

fishgeek Member
    from chicago

I see where your coming from with GPM it would make a very slow spraying job at only 5 MPH. Does one line of the 3 way go back to the tank for relief from the pump when not spraying? How high off the ground do you keep the spray bar using the pump motor combination? Should the supply line from the bottom of the tank be 2”? Is there a name for the nozzles you use and are the quick change that snaps around the pipe?

I’ve been reading a lot about the Brine maker, very interesting. I will keep reading and then I will be asking more questions.

Thank all you vets
    Bob

12. Kubota 8540

Yes the 3 way valve can not be shut off, it either directs the flow to the spray bar when the switch is turned on, or it directs the flow back into the tank when the switch is shut off.

The spray bar is roughly 24" off the ground.

Suction line from the bottom of the tank and 2".

The nozzle bodies are held in place by 1 screw. The spray tips are TeeJet SJ 3 Black.

13. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Could you post a link to the nozzle bodies you use? I am going to order the rest of the parts I need today and want to make sure I get them right.

Thanks Bossman

14. Kubota 8540

http://www.dultmeier.com/products/0.811.812.2199/2269 SSQJ17560-1 This is for a 1" pipe boom, they also offer in a 3/4" style but kind of small for the volume of the 2" pump and valve

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  15. fishgeek

fishgeek Member
    from chicago

do the nozzles just twist and lock in or is there a cap that you need to order?
    Can the TeeJet nozzle be had from farm and fleet also? :redbounce
    Do you recommend water pipe or PVC pipe for the boom?

16. Kubota 8540

17. fishgeek

fishgeek Member
    from chicago

18. Kubota 8540

After 3 winter seasons, it's starting to show some ( a little ) corrosion. But for the cost of the pipe after 4-5 seasons it can be replaced fairly cheaply.