1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with seasonal

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by scotty2222, Nov 6, 2005.

1. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

I put a bid in for this Sub an they want a price for seasonal. I priced them for $70.00 per push it should take me about 1/2 hour, there is only 28 homes in the sub so what should I charge them seasonal?????????

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You can plow 28 homes in 1/2 hr? About how long will it take you to plow each drive? And rember you have to go back and get the berm left from the city plow too or do you plow the street too?

3. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

Sorry this is just for the streets . Not plowing driveways,just the subdivision. curb to curb streets!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2005
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

About how many plowable snow events do you have in a year on average?
    In one of the other topics in this thread I think there is a link to a weather site that can tell you this.
    And what about sand or salt on the road?

5. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

There is about 15 plowable events per year +/- some snow. Salt is very little, just by entrance which I can deal with, this will be a price on top of the seasonal price.

6. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

Any more help would be great. I need to get this back in a couple of days

7. little pat

little pat Member

You said 15 plowable events but whats the trigger depth, will you need to plow every couple of inches or at the end of the storm. Takes alot more time to plow 16 inches than 2 so you will have to take that into account.

8. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

The trigger is 2" and I'm just trying to get a figure for this amount. I know that there will be different depths. I just want to protect myself through the winter. If bid them out for 70.00 per push(in the first proposal and there is different prices for different depths)times that by 15 pushes that would be $1050.00 so what happens if couple of 6" storms and an 8" storm. So should I just put the amount at 1350.00 just to be safe?????????

9. little pat

little pat Member

That might be ok, I don't know what your average yearly snowfall is or how frequently you get over 4" of snow. If you think you're safe bidding $1350 then go for it. If you beleive that 10 out of the 15 events will have more than 4"-6" inches then ajust your bid accordingly. Never sell yourself short, it's better to overbid a job and not get it than underbid and take a loss, or worse yet, not be able to perform the service.

10. chris k

chris k Senior Member

15 plowable events but how much snow in the season? I would figure out many 1-3" charges, 4-7" charges, etc., on average you have. Figure out what you would charge for these and go from there.

11. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

I bid it high with about 15 plow able event per season. I bid it around 1400.00 will see what happens