1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with salter.......

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by eatonpaving, Jan 3, 2009.

1. eatonpaving

eatonpaving PlowSite.com Addict

I BOUGHT A NEW BYER'S TAILGATE SALTER, (800LB) IT WORKED GREAT FOR THE FIRST 10 TON'S NOW WHEN ITS COLD AND I TURN IT ON THE CONTROLLER READS 0 FOR THE FIRST 20 MIN'S, I HAVE TO USE THE BLAST BUTTON FOR A WHILE THEN IT GOE'S BACK TO READING 9 AND SHOOTING THE SALT LIKE IT USED TO, WHEN IT READS 0 THE SPINNER IS TURNING REAL SLOW...ANY IDEA'S. THANKS.:realmad:

2. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Comb thru your wires , connections , check fuses , could be faulty controller.

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Have you washed off your spinner after each time you use it? I have a sno-ex that spins real slow if I don't spray it off after each use. Just a thought.

4. FINE LAWNS

FINE LAWNS Junior Member
    from PA

I think the controller is bad.I had one of those. the controller is a Reostat the lower the number the lower the speed of the spinner. the blast makes it jump to the highest voltage.
    Get a new controler and make sure that you have a clean ground.
    good luck. Frank

5. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Is it cold out. I have seen remotes/controlers that do not like the cold

6. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

do you have the old Dial or new screen type ? if you have the new one its bad they only last 10-20 tons than just quit

the screen only tells you how fast you have it go 0-10