1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with ram 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dodgegmc1213, Nov 18, 2013.

1. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

guys I need help. just put this bed on my 04 ram 2500. here is a link of a pic you see 8 LEDs that are lit up, now I don't have anything on, the tails are off the brake is off the blinker is off. I can just open the door and these few lights come on, let it sit for a while then they go off. everything is wired correctly but idk why but my tail wire also reads ground??? I never had a problem with my stock tail lights. is this something I should call dodge about??? I step on the brake and they flash like strobe lights. the only thing that works fine is reverse. so any help will be great.

http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=129165&stc=1&d=1384815414

2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Dodge runs reference voltage through the light circuits to check for inop lights. They switch ground for function. I believe you need some sort of resistor in the circuit for LEDs to function correctly.

3. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

thanks guess ill have to look into it