1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Quote

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Shaw, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Shaw

Shaw Member

Will first of all I use the search trying to my answer. I search and search and came up with nothing. BTW It;s my first time doing winter quotes. How much should I charge for 50 by 120 Feet 4plex. Please if you will just going to post use the search feature just dont post at all
  2. Shaw

Shaw Member

No one can help me out
  3. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

I'll tell ya the same basics i tell everyone. It's hard your first time around the block, but if you have any experience running a business its all the same.

Take your sum of all expenses into effect, and i mean ALL expenses.

Take the amount of time you expect it to take you.

Take the average amount of events per season.

Add in your profit margin.

and go from there, this is very basic but it will get you headed in the right direction.

Try to get a feel for what works in your market, if your prices cant meet your expenses change your market or service, not your rate. It will be tempting to drop your price just to land some customers but dont allow yourself to take a hit, after all we are here to make money. Also factor in how many total accounts you will have and it will help you start to develop average prices for different lots or driveways. Hope this helps,
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Prices vary by area.
    There are a TON of "price quoting help" posts to read..........
  5. Shaw

Shaw Member

Thanks Chris for your information and it was very useful