1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with purchase decision. 08 F250 V8

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mtphoto, May 31, 2012.

1. mtphoto

mtphoto Junior Member
    from montana

I am looking at a 2008 F250 SD with a V8 5.4 engine for plowing my gravel driveway (1000 feet) and a dirt road (2 miles). Truck will probably be dedicated to plowing only. No need for towing or other work.

Would appreciate thoughts on this truck and model year. Anything I should look for specifically?

2. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Fords come with 3 diffrent front axle ratings and they do make a diffrence holding a plow. I think 6k is the highest rating with 5600 or 5400 lb also good for plowing with the 4800 is best not plowing.Im not sure of the diffrent rating numbers but Im close.
  3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I would find out when the last time the spark plugs were changed and take a good look at the exhaust manifolds.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

A boss v plow!
  5. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

I wouldn't loose a lot of sleep over the spark plugs. By 2008, Ford had gotten a handle on the issue with an engineering fix. And even if it were an older truck with the famous hard to remove plugs, most good mechanics now know how to get them out without any major problems.