1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with pump

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by acornish, Jan 17, 2011.

1. acornish

acornish Senior Member

ok i bought an old plow setup for parts--- 2 e47s a 7.5blade and 2 different mount, and a pump that looks like an old e46 --- says U13 as modle #, it has 2 cables on back of it .
    My question is what kind of cables and controller did this thing use and how do i check it to see if it works.

2. acornish

acornish Senior Member

ok found out a little about this pump-- it was Meyers first attempt at a power angle pump-- witch was short lived due to the cables constantly breaking, it was replaced by a similar version with elec selonoids then replaced with the E47 --- i powered it up and pulled on cable it does go up but not down , may keep as a backup for emergency to get plow home

3. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

In regards to the U13, you have to push the cable back in to let it down, one is for angle if you have two cables. The center is the hold positon.
    Would you part with the U13 for cheap? I have one that needs too much to get it going. A word of advice if you take the valves apart, there is a very small ball bearing in the up/down one, 5/32" . Ask me how I know :mechanic:
    Search Google for U13 and you should be able to find the service manual for it.
    good luck,
    dave

4. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

OK
    How do you know ?

WOW a U-13 that thing is an antique. Put that up on the wall as an ornament.

5. acornish

acornish Senior Member

dave dj1 if you wasn it make me an offer im in Blakeslee Pa

6. acornish

acornish Senior Member

antique or not it works good took all apart cleaned out crud put in new o- rings and hooked up had wife enegize switch and i pulled adn pushed on cable ends wish i had a controller works smoother and faster then the e-47