1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with production rates/ and coverages....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PerfiCut L&L, Dec 26, 2006.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

I'm trying to help someone put together an estimating spreadsheet, and need some technical data. Was hoping I could get some first hand experience on the numbers. I realize weather and current conditions effect rate applications but lets assume, standard moderate application rates under less than above average conditions. hohum... in otherwords. for estimating purposes... ideal conditions....

1. Ca Pelladow - do you apply it strait? or with another product? and about how much coverage do you get with it.

2. Calcium any other brand/mix and if you could also provide the size bag it is packaged in.

3. Prewetting Salt? What do you use in your prewet system, and about how much salt do you save by prewetting it? and how muc solution do use/need for that savings?

4. Finally, I need an acreage idea as to how much snow a 9' and a 10' plow can clear, each, at a 2"-3" depth on an open parking lot, minimal obsticles, little or no vehicles in an hour. I'm thinking somewhere in the ballpart of 1 to 1-1/2 acres.

I have technical numbers from various manufacturers, but I am finding their ideal situations are in the lab. I'm looking for practical numbers.

Thanks.