1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with pricing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by TCT2392, Feb 12, 2012.

1. TCT2392

TCT2392 Junior Member
    from PA

Looking for some helping in pricing for snow plowing. Starting to get into it next year and am just doing some planning right now. I will have 4 pieces of equipment doing snow removal year.

2006 F-250 with 8ft Boss
    2008 F-550 with 9ft Boss & Salter
    2011 Deere 329D 8ft Protech Box
    2009 Kubota M7040 10ft Protech Box

I usually hear about 120 a hour per piece of equipment but im assuming the 250 will be a little less. About a half ton of salt per acre. Also looking for an average amount of acres you can plow per acre with each machine. I realize with the layout of the account its gonna vary but just looking for an idea

2. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

That's quite the collection of equipment to start out doing snow removal. The prices you're asking about.....Is this a set hourly rate you're charging the customer or are you going by what you think the vehicle will bring in by the jobs you're doing and averaging the hourly rate by those jobs? A half ton of salt per acre is a bit on the heavy side. You can use an acre per hour with the trucks. Tractors, I have no idea with those. Cars parked, obstacles, islands, etc will all affect those times.

3. TCT2392

TCT2392 Junior Member
    from PA

all the equipment is used for landscaping services as well

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well if your in the Erie Pa.area 30-35hr .market was killed there.

5. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

not sure what part of PA you are in. I am down in DE not to far over the line and alot of the bigger union company's with union operators ect are barley able to get 100 per hour for there equipment. I know i work for a huge construction management company and the boss has me approve T&M slips. Good luck i need to buy a back hoe and move up your way!

6. TCT2392

TCT2392 Junior Member
    from PA

the 100 dollars is that covering the Operator Truck fuel etc?

7. contractor078

Yup they are getting right around a 100 for a rubber tire backhoe little more for rubber tire loader 150 or so. Thats with a union operator and all his bens....crazy huh. what part of PA you in?

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Must be a regional thing with union operators around here they don't want to work the winter.10 years ago i filled in a few times plows a huge mall,during the summer the company had union works but in the winter it was us using the same equipment making 12.00 on hr running them.

9. contractor078

wow thats pretty crazy. Lot of companies around here are like that as well. They have there union side as well as there non union side. Makes them able to compete with some of the low ball bids out there. Same equipment and management staff just different letter head and business names...

10. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

The best I can get for a hoe in my area is $75 an hour, skids are at $ 55 to 60. It is around $100 an hour for a wheel loader. The best rates I have seen for tri-axles hauling snow is $85 an hour and that is from a big CO like Brickman.

11. contractor078

we are paying about 75/hour for Tri axles in general. Thats a pretty fair average where were are as well.

12. TCT2392

TCT2392 Junior Member
    from PA

im in Delaware County PA

13. contractor078

nice well you are not to far over the line. Seems as PA prices and rates are higher too.