1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with pricing this lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by odd1or2even, Dec 5, 2007.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

[​IMG]

Sorry for the 3rd grade picture here. I checked google maps and it was a lousy picture because it was all white because the parking lot use to be all stone and have not since updated the picture from about 6 months ago or so.

Anyway, I'm looking for a safe bid to do t his job, as in the picture the:

Blue shot gun blast is where buildings are,
    Blue line or dots are where there are obstructions but are very miner.
    Red lines are where snow can be pushed
    Green is where the road is located

The upper lot is about 33,600 some square feet which is all paved. The lower lot is packed gravel, is about 16800 or so some square feet. But were all estimated by paces not by w wheel or tape measure then covered to feet.

I am also asked to spread salt but that's to my discretion. I'll be using regular bagged rock salt for my hitch receiver. I need a ball park figure for plowing upper and lower with a 1" trigger, and 1-3, 3-6, 6-9, 9-12 inch brackets and the number of 50 lb bags of regular rock salt. Thanks guys/gals.

I'm located in the suburbs of Philadelphia in a fairly affluent area if it matters.

Steve

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

1. Your math sucks. if your measurements are correct, the upper lot is 33,600 square feet, the lower lot is 16,000 square feet, for a total of just under 50,000 square feet, or 1.25 acres (approx).

2. 1.5 hours or so to plow would be my best guess.

3. odd1or2even

Forgot to convert the paces to feet when I did the math. Sorry, thanks for the post and the number have been correct. Any price thoughts? Plus the lot is 1 mile away from the house so it's not a big deal to go down the road when it needs plowing. But keep in mind it is a restaurant and they do have a bar but it's not a problem to plow out the lanes the best I can and pop back to clean up the parked cars.

Steve

4. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

Well if you go with the 1.5 hours to do the lot, just figure what you want/need hourly and multiply.

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

exactly
    That's my guess on how long to do it, your hourly rate is yours, now just multiply away and see if that makes sense.
    Hourly rates are very local, but the time it takes to do a lot is pretty standard.

6. odd1or2even

Salt?

Should I state how much salt I'll be using or just leave it to my discretion and charge 16 dollars per bag of 50# rock salt? Do you guys have a rough idea on the number of bags of salt? Remember the upper lot is paved so it'll take half as much salt as the lower which is stone. I have a 300 lb hitch spreader and will be having a helper with me to shovel spots I can't get, or get the snow blower out if it's a big area.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

7. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Every site on the planet except wal mart can be done in an hour and a half.

xysport

8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Odd 1 or 2 Here are some calculations for you. I hope this helps. I charge 3-4 dollars a min for commercial plowing. Steve

With an 8' blade 270x145 lot. 39,150 sq ft lot.

2-4" 1:12
    4-6" 2:42
    6-8" 3:00
    8-12" 3:18

Salt 528#
    0.26 tons
    10.6 bags

With an 8' blade 150x125 lot 18,750 sq ft lot

2-4" 34 mins
    4-6" 1:14
    6-8" 1:25
    6-12" 1:34