1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with pricing needed

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by taken, Feb 11, 2009.

1. taken

taken Member

Ok, so I was all set to go ahead with an 8' X-Blade on my new Ford 250. Ford dealer wants $4800 installed. Then I got a bug to look into an extreme V stainless 8.5. Well, my dealer doesn't have one, so it would be expensive to get one in at this point. Wanted $6200. Forget it. However, my local Fisher dealer wants $5545 installed. That seems better. I just would have to come up with the money rather than just putting it on my loan with the truck. So, how are these prices? Should I bite the bullet and spend the $700 for the V? Are there better deals to be had out there in my area (Western MA)? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

What do you plow?
    I would go with a V since they are so much more efficient!
    Price doesn't sound out of line, but I compare to canadian pricing which is typically more $$$

3. taken

taken Member

Just do a few drive and two lots. Enough to keep me out of trouble in the winter when my work is slow. How does the 5545 price sound for the V?

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The XV is totally worth the money, and that price sounds very fair. I paid about $5800 last year for the 8.5 SS XV. And I only live 15 miles from the Fisher factory. As for the financing, are you using your bank, or the dealer? Your bank shouldn't have any problem cutting two separate checks. If you're financing at the dealer, they should be willing to match the price. I would rather buy from a Fisher dealer, they will be more likely to be able to help if you have any issues.

5. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

If your going to stay with the "few drives and two lots"the straight blade will work fine,going to the V depends how much snow you average and if you plan to expand in the near future.If it was me,I'd get the straight blade on the loan with the truck and put the $700 towards a tailgate salt spreader.Good luck.

6. taken

taken Member

You guys have me thinking I should go V. Glad to hear it's a good price. The Ford dealer is actually a Fisher dealer too, but much farther away. They say they can't match the price because they would have to pay shipping and that the Fisher dealer near me must have bought in advance to get a better price and passed it along to me.

7. taken

taken Member

Good point Ronk. My head is in two places at once on this.

8. taken

taken Member

So, if I go with the x is $4800 a good deal installed? I'm thinking it sounds right. I just can't get that V out of my head for $700 more. The problem is coming up with the $ all at once.

9. kj330

kj330 Member

You are in Mass so this place is not to bad for you. Friday Hartford truck Equipment in CT is installing an 08 8'5" EX V SS for 4500.00 cash (no frame)...........That is pretty much at cost. This is the best time of the year to upgrade with the larger distributers, because they dont want to sit on them over the summer...He is the largest dist. in my area and provides great service.. If you need the truck mount to he said 5000.00 cash he has 4 left as of today

10. taken

taken Member

Thanks for the heads up!!

11. kj330

kj330 Member

I dropped off my truck at & am this moring and he called me to pick it up at 930 this morning......WOW what a sweet set up.....

12. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

8ft Xblade is 3850 installed at Quirk in Braintree, $4900 is that with or with out $900 upfitter rebate? 3850 is with the upfitter rebate to dealer.

13. taken

taken Member

I can't do the upfitter because I have an X-Plan pin which doesn't allow for commercial.

14. M&M

M&M Senior Member

I can't say enough about Lang's Corner Garage in Rye, NH. They put my 8.5 X-V SS on my truck last August for $5150 out the door. Excellent service, people, and it only took 1.5 hours. I am not affiliated with them in any way but they will get my business in the future.

15. taken

taken Member

Wow, that's a great price. One thing I found makes a difference is when the dealer bought the plow. If he has one in stock from last spring's order, they wouldn't have had to pay the freight.

16. kj330

kj330 Member

No my dealer doesnt keep any left over fishers. The Xtreme V he just put on my truck is an 08 for 4500.00. his cost is 3888.00 he showed me his paperwork from fisher. next year the same plow will cost him 4400.00 and the public 5799.00 installed 8'5"