1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with pricing change

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SteveR, Aug 31, 2009.

1. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

I have been plowing a lot for many years by the push, Now the owner wants me to change to 1-3 inch 3-6 inches and so on. Here is the problem I have never bid like this before and the manager of the store has me there all the time cleaning up.. The owner and manager are different companies.

THANKS

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Sorry, but you lost me on that. Please explain a little more.

3. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Clear up

I need to price it by the inch increments I described.. I have always done it by the push and dont know how to price it any other way..It kind of a new concept here. My point with the manager means that the store leases the space and the store manager wants a plow there when the first flake hits so I spend a lot of time at the property..It has never been a problem with the owner they have never balked at my bill. I hope that clears up any confusion

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

The way I do it is (1-3" is regular push rate) (4-6" is regular rate x1.5) (7-9" is regular rate x2). The small clean up runs and call back runs you should charge by the time involved. If your there 1 Hr. its this price - 1.5 Hrs. its this much and so on. Make sure you include drive time to and from. Hope that helps some.

5. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Thanks ...Ill give it a shot.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Look back on your records and see how many times you plowed the place then add 50% to that total then times it by your per push price. New snow fall only ,drifting is an extra charge if they call back.