1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Pricing - 4 seasons in now!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by klem, Oct 15, 2014.

1. klem

klem Junior Member
    from Chicago

I've plowed the below parking lot now for the past 4 seasons, and want to know if I've priced it right. Now, of course, since I've had it for 4 seasons and It covered my overhead costs and wages, it must be right, but want to get other's opinions on pricing.

Per findlotsize, it states the area is 1.982 acres (which is more than what I came up with measuring it, 1.6 acres).

Plow and Salt (no sidewalks) for 1 inch trigger. (charging per push, but would like to know seasonal as well)

Using 7.5 plow with wings on 2500HD.

What I want to compare is what other would charge for this site (plowing and salting) to see if i'm not undercutting myself compared to the market. I'd like to be more on-par with the rest of the professionals rather than drag down pricing.

lot 1.jpg

2. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Quick numbers:

1-3" $300
    4-6" $500
    7-12" $800

Salting at $400 per application (not 100% sure on this one)

3. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Where can you pile snow? How big are your wings? That could affect some companies pricing I bet, if they had to push all to the back of the lot (right side of your picture)

4. klem

klem Junior Member
    from Chicago

Regular western plow wings, 8" (i think) extension each side.

The snow can be pushed along the fences (top, bottom and right side in the picture). I usually just cut around the building then plow straight from front to back pushing the snow to the outside.

5. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

you pinned the building inside your area pegs

6. klem

klem Junior Member
    from Chicago

That's probably why my measurement came out less when I actually measured it!!!!! :D

Just checked now with findlotsize, and the lot size (without building) is just under 1.5 acres... sorry about not catching that

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  7. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

If 1.5 acres is the actual amount I would lower my prices posted by 75 dollars per bracket and maybe 100 bucks on salting...

Am I close to what you charge?

8. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

that's a better mistake than the other . raise them numbers .

9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

$150 for every 3''

10. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

how much per ton ? how much to load and spread per ton ?

11. klem

klem Junior Member
    from Chicago

You are a little lower than whet we charge here in the suburbs of Chicago. But pretty close.

12. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Good to know...At first I was going to say only lower it by $50 per bracket and $75.00 on the salt...Always go with the gut Thumbs Up

13. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I don't know his cost on salt

If I guess $150 on salt per visit