1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with price

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Hsilva, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Hsilva

Hsilva Junior Member

Hi All

I'm new snow plowing I need to give a price on 5000 SQF commercial how do I go about give a price need same help.

Thanks
    Mass

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Hsilva, welcome to plowsite:waving:

In asking your question, you left out some vital information...

1. Are there any obstructions in the lot such as parking bumpers or islands, loading docks, light poles?

2. What kind of equipment are you going to use to clear the lot?

3. How much snow? 2" 5" 10"

4. Do you want to charge a "per hour per truck" / "per push" / seasonal?

5. Do you need to salt?

Answer these questions and the "professionals":rolleyes: here can help you out better. Also, you may want to do a search on pricing.

3. Hsilva

Hsilva Junior Member

Hi All

I'm using a F250 V10 with 8' Fisher plow there is one light pole
    what's the best way to give a price per inches or per push no salt need.

thank-you for your help

4. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I would charge about 150.00 for up to 6"then another 100.00 for 6" to 10". Another option would be to charge by the hour... Say, 125.00 per hour per truck.

5. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

figure out how long it will take to plow.then figure on 120 per hour.dont tell the customer this.now if it takes 2hours to plow thats a 240 push up to x amount of inches.next figure about 20 dollars for each additional inch after said x amount inches.

6. Hsilva

Hsilva Junior Member

Hi All

Thanks for the help very appreciate it hard when you are new at this I don't want to bid to low if I need to go back to clear for the cars to get out should I charge extra.

Thanks

7. shadowmaker1969

shadowmaker1969 Junior Member
    from va

I always ask people to move their cars. If they dont, I push around them and move on with the push. I dont came back after theyve left and re-push that spot. (Unless I m still on the lot).

Brad