1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with plowing equipment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by r1anz, Jan 5, 2012.

1. r1anz

r1anz Junior Member
    from pa

Was thinking snowdogg md 75 on my 2008 nissan nismo crew cab 47000miles all stock to plow three trailr parks. opps sorry! mobile home communitys I own in the pittsburgh area. So i was just wondering if this setup would hold up. Roads are blacktopp some are tar and chip. I have old 1ton and chevy 1500 that will soon be replaced but wanna keep the nismo. I read the 10 or so post hear on compact trucks plowing and same say yes some say no. I dont get paid to plow and gas and other costs are just another expense. but dont wanna break the nismo or snowdogg.(The new 1ton and pick up will have plows on them under tail spreader on 1 ton v-box on pick up) but wanna leave dump in garage emergency use only. any advice or help is greatly apprec. oh buy the way i am new to the plowing as i only got parks 2yrs. ago

2. r1anz

r1anz Junior Member
    from pa

NO 1 wants to help u a&^hole!!! Just get off our forum. :gunsfiring::gunsfiring: :eek::eek:

3. r1anz

r1anz Junior Member
    from pa

::):mechanic::waving::waving:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  4. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I have no experience plowing with anything lighter than a half ton Chevy that i bought new just out of high school. So I am only giving you my opinion .....I would say your pushing your luck by trying to rely on something so small to plow that much with. How much snow do you get on average? Is it heavy/wet snow ? Are you under a time schedule to be done at a certain time?

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

anything light and small will have to plow with the snow. your limited to weight,hp, and big plow. I am going to assume its a 4x4. you shouldnt have a lot of problems with it, but you might have to go into 4low alot more often then someone who has a bigger truck.
    how are you not getting paid to plow??

6. r1anz

r1anz Junior Member
    from pa

It is 4x4 with rear locker mod. I don't get paid cuz i own the parks and the roads are my private property. i am on a little bit of time limit, plow by 7 so tenets can go to work no driveways tho thats their problem. Was thinking to use nismo to do the one park which is on my way to the other two (whch are rt. next to each other) and do clean up of intersections at other two. i do have a full time employee usually takes us 3 to 4 hrs to plow. havn't really got my own method of how yet i been doing it the way old owner was which is after the storm, no salt just ash. But will be making alot of changes.

7. dieselss

ok,,your still going to have to plow with the storm. 4x4 and a locker.....but not a lot of hp or weight. your just gunna have to keep up with it.

8. r1anz

r1anz Junior Member
    from pa

So you think 2-4 inches at a time max with the truck? Thumbs Up

9. dieselss

maybe,,depends upon wet heavy or light dry thats some factors your gunna have to take into account

10. r1anz

r1anz Junior Member
    from pa

if the truck is screamin and spinnin ill just stop and get the 3/4 ton pickup