1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with plow...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by dvgross, Aug 24, 2010.

1. dvgross

dvgross Junior Member

Looking for a solid plow for my truck. 07 GMC Sierra, Duramax. I am in the forclosure business, as well as having around 25 residential accounts, so will be doing a lot of driveways. In the future I plan on picking up commercial properties, once I feel confident enough w a plow. Any advice would be great, Thanks.

IMG_0104.jpg

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

A Boss V-Plow is what your looking for. I would suggest a 8' 2" since you don't have to much experience and less weight on the frontend, since you already have the Duramax. Good luck!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  3. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite :waving:

Boss 8.2 VXT would work great on the front of that truck. However, you need to check dealers in your area, as dealer support is the number one factor when choosing a plow. Right now, you don't need a V plow to do driveways, but it will be more efficient when you make the move to commercial lots. The nice thing about a V plow is that it also works as a straight blade, so you buy one plow now, and no need to upgrade later. Good Luck! :drinkup:

4. dvgross

dvgross Junior Member

Thanks Pushin, best of luck to you as well.

5. dvgross

dvgross Junior Member

Good stuff Allstar, thanks for the input. So far two 8.2's, seems to be the size I need, and my Exmark dealer is also a Boss dealer as well. Can't wait to get started.