1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by snarkee, Jun 28, 2010.

1. snarkee

snarkee Junior Member

i have a 2010 silverado crew z71 with the 6.2 liter engine

I want a LIGHT duty plow to do my city driveway, as well as my parents

I will not be doing any commercial work

My truck has a levelling kit and 33 inch tires....also, I do not want to cut up my front bumper

Am I asking for a set up that doesnt exist? LOL

thx in advance

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

They make a snow sport plow which I believes runs about 1000$ and I also beleive you can hook it up to your receiver hitch but I'm not possitive. Then theirs the plow buddy which goes on the tow hooks. Then theirs the BOSS VXT 9'2" w/ wings!

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Haha a 9'2" with wings on a half ton.

Boss makes sport duty plows in 7 foot and 7'6". Personally if I was in your position I'd get the 7'6" boss sport duty. Very reliable, and perfect for home owners.

4. snarkee

snarkee Junior Member

do i have to cut up my front trim?

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Very doubtful. I didn't have to when I mounted my push beam to my truck.

6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

They can either take it off or cut two slits in it about an inch wide, maybe 3/4" wide

7. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

I think I have seen some Western mounts on 1/2 ton 07-10 trucks in where the mount brackets sit under the bumper. No cutting. The lot truck our dealer had was just like that, but was a 2500hd.