1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with plow mount on a Hummer

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by hdbagger23, Jun 8, 2012.

1. hdbagger23

hdbagger23 Junior Member
    from iowa

I'm looking for help with putting a boss plow mount on a Hummer I know boss doesn't make one but Ive seen pics of hummers with the mount made to fit any help would be appreciated

2. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Part number LTA07667B the Universal 10' I believe is the part that is used on the Hummers. I have seen a few Hummers with Boss plows, and I believe they use the large plows. It would be best to talk to a Boss dealer. You might try contacting Jim@esitrucks, he works at a Boss dealer in Virginia and they do special installs on the Boss.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Only if you're going to use a 10ft HW, that mount doesn't work with any of the smaller plows and I'm not sure a hummer could handle the weight.

Normally a Chevy mount is modified. You have to build some frame the Hummer doesn't have and modify the mount a little.

4. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor

I've done 7'0 & 7'6 Sport Duty Poly on the H3's before. You need mount LTA05400 which fits a Colorado/Canyon but will work on the H3 with some minor mods. If you need any further details feel free to give me a ring.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I forgot:blush2: there are pictures on my facebook page of a H2 install

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Help to know what model Hummer the OP is discussing- as there's a big differences between an H1, H2 or H3.

7. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

If its an H1, you will def have to do some fab work. We did a meyer on a military spec H1, was some work but turned out great

8. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I have Boss 8'2" on H2 SUT. Custom mount of Chevy 1/2 ton...worked out good.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Built off a 3/4 Chevy mount, had to extend the front frame a little, added timbrens, a four cb ft spreader and a set of strobes.Thumbs Up

003.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG