1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with picking out a plow for f250

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Itsdoubletime, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

This is my first season I am mostly going to be doing residential smaller to medium driveways and if the opurtunity presents itself small lots I am looking to get some info on what type of plow to get for my 2000 f250 super duty 5.4 liter v plow c plow straight blade and what size and model might fit my needs for the season thanks guys this site is awesome and very informative

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Can beat a Boss v plow.

snow 12-16-17-07 031.jpg

3. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

that's what I was thinking I heard they are damn near indestructible lol

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Don't get him started, his heads big enough. :waving:

5. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

I have a nice 2011 boss 8.2 v for sale

6. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't get GV started, his idea of a plow truck is a Ford with a Boss V. Anything else is Satan.

7. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

The truck will handle any plow you mentioned.It depends on how you will be using it. Imo, you can't go wrong with a V plow.

8. 2006Sierra1500

Smaller to medium driveways, and lots if you get the chance...based on this, an 8'2'' or 8'6'' V-plow seems like your best bet.

9. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

Not looking to spend a arm and a leg on my first plow but what are you looking to get for it

10. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

I was thinking on up grading my shocks to the rancho 9000 I have the lariat edition with the off road package is there any other upgrades any one might recommend

11. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Spend the money on 1-ton springs if you want to upgrade the suspension on the front end a shock absorber does nothing more than what there name implies. As far as plows go I'm a little biased toward BOSS since they are made in the same town I live in.

12. 2006Sierra1500

Whats your FGAWR? Really, anything will go on as long as you don't have the 4800. Then your limited to 8'6'' or less.

13. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

$3,750 that is with the truck side and wiring. it is off a 2010 F250. The plow is for sale here here on the site.

14. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

only thing I dont like about boss is its not a chain lift

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That's the part I love. The plow sits there driving down the road.

16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Most not have potholes or railroad crossings in your area.:laughing:

17. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Fisher Minute Mounts hold the A-frame against the head gear. No bouncing over pot holes. Direct lift is fine. Make sure you have a strap or chain to 'short chain' it if the ram fails. Not common anyway.

18. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

We got a bunch of pot holes. My blade never jumps.

We got quite a few railroad crossings but I never had to cross one on my route.

19. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I have a 2002 F250 with the 5.4 and since the engine is so light it holds the 9.5' Extreme v perfectly fine. It has the plow prep and 5200 front end and it seriously drops like an inch with the plow. The springs between an f350 and an f250 on the front arent too much different if at all. Its the back where I notice a huge difference between the two. Ido a mix of driveways and small lots with this truck/plow.

I dont mind the size of the plow for driveways because honestly it will go almost anywhere an 8 footer will with it in v or scoop mode

20. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

If money is an issue I can sell you either a 8'6" or 7'6" western ultramount strait blade with wiring and controller for $2k. No truck side mount for a superduty though.