1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with parking lamp and turn signal wiring... 06 Chevy 3500, with 07 RT3

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rusty_keg_3, Dec 11, 2010.

1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Ok, we are putting a 07 RT3 on my bros 06 Chevy 3500...

We got the mount on and thi wiring done but we are stumped on the turn signal and parking lamp wiring... We kno we gotta splice the wires too...

I kno that pink goes to passenger side turn...
    Yellow goes to driver side park...
    Purple goes to driver side turn...

But the turn signal on this stlye goes from from the light to the marker on the outside when you turn... So which wire goes to what?

Thanks for your help in advanced...

So im asking what should we connect the red to on the passenger side? The big turn signal (with clear lens), or the little one on the side (with orange lens)...

And what do i hook purple too, and what do i hook yellow to... The big turn signal (with clear lens), or the little one on the side (with orange lens)...

2059-043-headlight-480.jpg

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

what about light adapters>>>>

3. rusty_keg_3

We already have the head lights all hooked up... But the turn and park are diffrent... The lights were easy... Just pop them out and put the conntecors in, hook them to the harness... But the turn, park is a whole diffrent story...

The turn and park are on the bottom sets of lights FYI... And like i said its the orange bulb, then the side marker (with orange lens)... It alternates...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I used the one on the front. Never really thought to use the other one. Use the circuit tester and splice into the appropriate one. If I knew the colors I would tell you but it was a month ago and I can't remember.

5. adrhino83

adrhino83 Junior Member
    from 49829

Wire Colors

If the truck is at it looks in the picture parking lights would be brown and turn signals would be blue.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Park = brown
    L turn = light blue
    R turn = dark blue.

Careful with the dark blue, the DRL's are also dark blue so use a test light to double verify your're getting the connect ones.

7. rusty_keg_3

ok, got it... Thanks guys...

We have another problem tho... the fuses for the head lights keep blowing...

So all we hve is the highs (truck and plow)...

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You have one or more of the headlamp adapters plugged backward, they all need connected to the "B" sides of the connector plugs. Don't forget to replace the head lamp fuses afterward.

9. rusty_keg_3

How are they backwards? Im confused... the connectors only work one way... right?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No, as I stated already they can be plugged in either way by simply flipping them 180*. They'll connect either way but only one is correct and when they're incorrect the results are no low beams and blown fuses. Sound familiar?

11. White Duramax

White Duramax Junior Member

The A and B is on each side of the adapter plugs, they aren't very big on the plugs.

12. rusty_keg_3

Ahh, ok... I feel stupid now... which side should be up then? the A or B? Ill tell my bro, maybe he can look at and figure it out...

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You need the locking tab on the "A" side.

14. rusty_keg_3

Ok, i will relay the message to him... Thanks a million, hope it works...