1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with over 5o housing development

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by SALCORP, Oct 16, 2009.

1. SALCORP

SALCORP Junior Member
    from MASS

Need help bidding an over fifty housing community it has 49 seperate town houses they all have there own drive ways and walkways this also includes the street i have to use a skidsteer for the driveways it's need to be there all storm plus i figured a truck either to stay there or visit to help the skidsteer the this also includes salt plus shoveling walks there are 49 walks and driveways they want a per push price i am tryn to bid my commercial lot at 0-3 3.1-6 6.1-9 9.1 -12 i try increments of .1-3 inches and help here guys

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

how many hours will it take you to do 49 houses?>

3. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

49 drives would take me about one hour. Three man crew shoveling behind should keep up in a average 3" snow, so three shoveling hours. The road and salting? How big is the road?
    Sounds like a $700-900 per 1-3" snow all services included.

4. SALCORP

SALCORP Junior Member
    from MASS

Well the road is like a small street in your town with an island in the middle i was thinking $ 800 for 0-3 $ 600 for each added .1 - 3 inches not including salt or shovled walks all these drivewasy need to be back bladed out with the skid steer and cleared

5. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I think you may have left a little out! :laughing::rolleyes:

6. SALCORP

SALCORP Junior Member
    from MASS

well im in mass all the guy i know get alot of money for plowing and salting i was thinking duration of storms time hourly rate for skidsteer maybe a 4 hour min for a 3 inch storm then 3 guy for walks need help with some number but the skidsteer needs t saty ther operating the entire storm he also wants a truck but there no need to leave the truck there the entire time just to do the roads

7. SALCORP

SALCORP Junior Member
    from MASS

any ideas i just want to see if my number are good