1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with N.J. BiD

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by njgreenkeeper, Apr 15, 2005.

1. njgreenkeeper

njgreenkeeper Junior Member
    from n.j.

60,300 sq. ft parking lot at hospital.lots of cars.750x6 sidewalks and salting?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

It might be a little tough for anybody to help you with no more specifics than that. Do you have a "Request for Proposal" from the hospital? Are they requiring someone on site 24 hours a day during snow season? Do they have a maintenance supervisor you are working with? How is the need for starting of service determined? Are they requiring all surfaces/pathways be cleared of all snow and ice at all times?

INSURANCE - Are they requiring a certain amount of insurance with a binder naming them as additional insured? Have you discussed with your agent that you are bidding on a hospital?

DISPOSING OF SNOW - Will you need to provide snow REMOVAL? As in trucking it off site? Do you have a snow dump located? Do you have loaders and trucks or will you need to arrange this?

Location will also play a big part as rural, suburban and in-town hospitals will vary widely in their requirements.

Perhaps there is someone else who can provide more practical advice than I, as I have no real world experience with plowing hospitals. My insurance specifically excludes them.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I guess that wasn't the type of advice njgreenkeeper was looking for. Sorry - how about:

$1532.47 per push? :rolleyes: