1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with my Western

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bcf, Feb 8, 2004.

1. bcf

bcf Senior Member

I hope somebody can help me. I bought my Western 7.5' Pro used, and it's a great blad. Problem is, I've noticed when angled right the right side is about 1 1/2" off the ground. When angled left it all sits on the ground. The middle pivot point has enough room to rock the blade a few inches up and down. I haven't yet measured the space inbetween the frame and leafs to see if the one side sits lower. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks.

2. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Is this a Ultramount? If so there is a big nut in the center that holds the (pivot bar) to the (A-frame) this pivot bar should move freely on the A-frame to allow the blade to float from side to side on uneven ground.
    Maybe this bolt is to tight or something is resricting the pivot bar's movement.
    The following was taken from the westernsnowplow web page

Assembling Pivot Bar to A-frame
    1. Install 1" jam nut and torque to 25 ft-lbs. then
    loosen 1/16 turn.
    2. Hold 1" bolt and jam nut to prevent rotation and
    install 1" nylock hex nut. Tighten hex nut securely
    against 1" jam nut.
    (When properly adjusted, pivot bar should
    pivot freely without any looseness.)

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Even wear on the cutting edge? Something could of got bent with a hard truck stopping hit on a curb etc. Might be why the plow was sold. Have someone operate controls and you watch plow function might see something as it moves. Look real close at the plow mount, I found mine 1-1/2 lower on the drivers side due to 2 tired bolts that no longer held it to the frame. Add the weight of the plow and the mount moved downward.