1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP with my VIN #

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by plowzilla, Nov 3, 2005.

1. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Hey guys, I need help with my VIN #. My insurance cannot identify my VIN. The problem is in the 5,6,7,8 slots. Mine reads 'F38G'. I t is a 1990 f350 with a utility bed, 4x4. I cannot find anything on this. Does anyone know? Thank you, Glen

2. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Vin #s

Go to the ford web site and run them yourself:nod:

3. little pat

little pat Member

Look on the title, it should be on there. If not look on the drivers door, might still have the manufacturers sticker with the vin on it.

4. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Thanks but I know the VIN #. The problem is my insurance tries to pull it and it does not work. It is a custom F350 and it has a big engine so I think thats the problem. Thanks

5. payton

payton Senior Member

try this route goto carfax.com and type in the vin and see if it comes back with anything if not. where is the title from? the state issued?

if so then the insurance should be able to go off a copy of the state issued title. may require a inspection but that usually isnt hard cop to verify that the vin on the truck and the title are the same around here they normally do it for free or you will find a cop who wants extra donut money and he will charge you 20 bucks

payton

6. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

it shows f350-4wheel drive standard cab 7.5L efi 88-93

7. payton

payton Senior Member

im betting you have state farm dont ya.

they had issue finding a vehicle i had once.

they have ways of finding it. if it comes down to it . go in with title and vin number and tell them heres the title deal with it. pull the car fax report print it and take it in also