1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with my install........Please!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by brwn234, Oct 17, 2009.

1. brwn234

brwn234 Junior Member
    from VA

I was given an almost new Meyer STP 7.5. I received everything on the plowside and a TouchPad. I've got all the mounts installed just fine and now I'm having problems with my wiring. I ordered the Meyer harness 22610 and a solenoid from Angelos. Installed everything according to Meyer's instructions but I'm having some problems. My plow is still not at my house so I was testing the TouchPad operation without the pump hooked up just listening for the solenoid. Maybe I'm being dumb and these problems will go away with the pump installed. Anyway...

Here's what I've got. When I turn the TP on it lights up. When I hit angle right or up the solenoid clicks and i get the overload light. When I hit the down button I get the overload light and no solenoid click. I dont' think it's supposed to click on down anyway. When I angle left solenoid clicks and no overload at all seems to work fine.

From reading on here it seems that 9 out of 10 times it's a bad ground so I went through the ground for the solenoid and the cable and both seem to be fine. Please help me out.

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I would wait until you have the plow and everything hooked up.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's nothing wrong with your setup. The TP needs to see resistance of the coils on the pump for it to "read" an overload correctly.

And no, you won't hear the underhood solenoid click for the down function because it isn't activated for it.

Working as intended so far. :salute:

4. brwn234

brwn234 Junior Member
    from VA

I thought that might be the case I just didnt want to go pick the plow up and have a problem. I'll go to pick it up on Monday and let you guys know. And after that I'll tackle the lights. Thanks for your help guys.

5. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Yup the solenoid is not required to drop the plow (the solenoid hooked to the battery)

6. brwn234

brwn234 Junior Member
    from VA

BooYah! Plow's workin perfectly. Everybody likes a good BooYah!.

Now onto the lights. What do I need to get my Night sabre lights working? I'm kinda confused with modules and harness's. It's a 2005 GMC 2500HD. Right now I have the lights and the harness's connecting them to the plow side harness. On the truck harness I have two rectangular connectors coming off with 6 terminals each.

I figure I still have about $200 more to spend to get everything I need. I know it's been said that you can't just hardwire these seperatley but I'm gonna start looking into finding the mating ends to the factory plugs and making my own harnesses. Wether I do it or actually just buy the Meyer stuff, we'll see.

Thanks for your help guys! This site is awesome.

7. brwn234

brwn234 Junior Member
    from VA

Can anybody help me figure this out? My Father In Law gave me a pair of headlight adapters for a different truck. I plan on replacing the ends with the appropriate 9006 and 9005 plugs to save some money. What else do I need? I think I've got it figured out but I wanna make sure before I buy stuff. Are all the modules the same or are they different for different makes and models?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Are you planning to buy the headlamp connectors new that you intend to patch onto the incorrect adapters? If so, until you buy four plugs you may as well buy the right adapters for $48 instead, making it a plug and play deal.